HP Pavilions with Windows XP do not have recovery CDs, they use a hidden partition on the hard drive to store the information instead.
Perform a recovery in Windows XP use one of the following two processes:
- Backup you data to external media (CD, DVDs, USB Flash drives, or external hard drives) because this will set back to manufacture defaults settings.
- Turn on the computer.
- When the initial blue HP screen appears Press the “F10” key.
- A Recovery menu will appear.
- Click on “NEXT”
- and then click on “YES”
- Your system will now go through the product recovery
- If you want to do while the PC is running you try the following :
- From the Desktop, click “START”.
- Then “ALL PROGRAMS”
- Then “HP TOOLS”
- Then Click on “HP PC SYSTEM RECOVERY”
- You will now be asked “Do you really want to start HP PC System Recovery?”
- Click on “YES” to continue.
- Your system will now go through the product recove