This request came from a DocuWare application where a user wanted to have DocuWare internal fields as part of the file cabinet fields. In DocuWare you cannot have the internal file cabinet system fields as part of regular file cabinet fields. The solution is to create a MySQL trigger that copies the system field values while the data is been inserted into a file cabinet table.
This does not need to be specific for DocuWare application it could also be implemented with other applications or other tables. It is a simple MySQL trigger to copy the data from one column to another.
NOTE: THIS IS A SQL STATEMENT AND IF YOU MISS-CONFIGURE OR TYPE INCORRECTLY, IT COULD CAUSE SERIOUS DAMAGE TO YOUR DATABASE, TAKING A FULL BACK UP OF THE DATABASE MAY PREVENT THESE DAMAGES. WE (DOCUWARE, BLOGGER, THIS SITE) ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGES. DO IT AT YOUR OWN RISK.
Here are the steps:
1. Create a field(s) in MySQL table. In my case I have added three additional fields to my DocuWare file cabinet.
2. Here is the MySQL Script to create that trigger.
/* Move data to new column */
CREATE TRIGGER dwdata2.t_i_CopyDWSYSFields_to_NewColumns BEFORE INSERT ON dwdata2.orders_fc
FOR EACH ROW
SET NEW.DOCUMENTID = NEW.DWDOCID;
SET NEW.DOC__PAGE_COUNT_ = NEW.DWPAGECOUNT;
SET NEW.DISK_NUMBER = NEW.DWDISKNO;
1. DELIMITER // … start the code
2. CREATE TRIGGER … creates a trigger with the given name
3. BEFORE INSERT ON … specifies the vent
4. FOR EACH ROW … statement that goes with most triggers
5. BEGIN … the actual data manipulation starts
6. END; … ends the code bock
7. // … end the MySQL delimiter code