A lot people use software Limewire or other software for downloading music or any other type of media or sometime software itself. These software uses a technology called peer-to-peer networks, which is basically software for accessing other people computer shared items (music, videos, software, etc)
Well, there are some other ways to obtain the same results for people that wan to explore some other options. You can use torrent sites that have [whatevername.torrent] files which you can download to your computer and the using torrent software you can download the item (movie, music, software, etc).
NOTE: Downloading and sharing files via peer-to-peer technology may be illegal and now days the law is cracking in illegal downloads. Proceed at your own risk.
If you are already confused or lost, here are some steps:
- Download this software called µTorrent (http://www.utorrent.com/) and install it. When installing this software pay attention to the bundle software that comes with it. Don’t just take the defaults and install, do customized installation (don’t select the items you don’t want).
- Find website where you can download [whatevername.torrent] files. Here are a few that I know:
NOTE: Before you download [whatevername.torrent] file make sure that you get the file that has a lot Seeds (in other words distributors) and READ the comments. The more seeds means that there a lot people that have downloaded and comments will usually tell you if it is good or not or it could be virus, yes some of the looks too good but it could be something else.
3. Now, assuming that you have done step 1 and step 2. You need to open run µTorrent and open the file that you download in step 2.
4. Depending on the file that you are downloading or how many seeds it has it will take a few minutes or few hours.
5. Once you finish downloading try closing the µTorrent software so that you don’t become a Seeder (on les you want to).